“I’m embarrassed to start working out.”
“I want to lose some weight before I go to the gym.”
“I’m out of shape.”
Everyone has an excuse not to exercise but how about some excuses to exercise.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Strengthens your heart muscles and reduces your risk of a heart attack
- Helps lose weight and keep it off
- Helps prevent back problems and back pain.
- Increases self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Strengthens bones and helps reduce risk of osteoporosis.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves immune function which decreases risk for infectious diseases.
- Maintains physical and mental functions as you age
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
So every time you give yourself an excuse not to exercise, counter your excuse with one of these. Having a bad day? Go exercise to reduce anxiety and depression. Feeling tired? Exercise improves sleep. Worried about health related issues? Talk to your doctor, exercise can help prevent and/or treat a wide variety of common issues.