Healthy and Delicious Memorial Day Recipes
Posted: May 25, 2017
Memorial Day is everyone’s favorite kick off to the summer. Cookouts, family reunions, and activities with the kids make portable Memorial Day Recipes essential. These (mostly) healthy recipes fit the bill, ranging from beverages to Memorial Day desserts. Best of all? These crowd pleasers all feature beautiful ways to showcase the healthy foods of early summer.
Beverages:Whether you’re sipping iced coffee or staying hydrated with fruit infused water, the right combination will make the ordinary extraordinary. Try a Coconut Iced Mocha for an afternoon pick me up. Or pack up enough of Blackberry Sage Infused Water to keep the crowd hydrated at your next beach party.
Appetizers:The best Memorial Day Recipes for appetizers are portable, easy to prepare, and, of course, delicious. Not too heavy and featuring plenty of fresh produce, here are some of our favorites.
- Greek Salad Skewers: With all the fresh goodness of your favorite Greek Salad in the convenience of a skewer. These round out the barbecue but you might want to save a few for your lunch on Tuesday.
- Golden Goddess Turmeric: Level up your hummus by adding turmeric for a festive color with a nutritional punch. Serve this as a veggie platter with cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, olives, and feta. You’ll please the vegetarians and carnivores alike.
- Portobello Nachos While Portobello Mushrooms are featured here, if you have access to other seasonal mushrooms, this is a fantastic way to showcase them! Roasting the vegetables ahead of time brings out their sweetness, making this appetizer one that will disappear in no time.
- Smoked Salmon and Roasted Zucchini Roll-ups Grab and go meal prep ideas translate well to fresh, no fuss appetizers. This fresh combination is pleasing to the eye and the palate. Need a vegetarian alternative? Spread your roll-ups with this tasty Lemon Goat Cheese spread
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates: While these fall more into the treat category, they’re sure to please the paleo crowd. Fortunately, the chewy sweetness of the dates makes a little bacon go a long way.