Wellness Support: 10 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
At this point, you’ve probably heard about the lemon water trend. But, do you really know about all the benefits scientists and nutritionists found in these little, yellow round fruits? I’ve heard bits and pieces of how beneficial lemon juice can be in supporting ones overall health and wellness regimens, but as I dug in and read more, I found a lot more jam-packed into lemons than I realized. How much lemon juice should you have a day? Before we get into the benefits, you may be asking how much is best. Here’s a good breakdown to give you an idea of how much lemon juice to squeeze in your water in order to experience these types of benefits. If you weigh less than 150 pounds and you’re in good health, squeeze half of a fresh lemon in 8 to 12 ounces of filtered water. For best cleansing benefits, drink it first thing in the morning. If you weigh over 150 pounds, squeeze the juices of a whole lemon into 24 to 32 ounces of filtered water. Here again, for best cleansing benefits, drink it throughout the morning. 10 benefits of lemon water If drinking lemon water isn’t already a part of your daily health habits, you might want to think about trying it for at least 30 days to see if you experience these benefits:
- Aids Digestion: Lemon juice does a few things in the area of digestion. It loosens toxins in your digestive tract, and helps to relive symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping and bloating.
- Natural Flush: It helps you flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating the liver.
- Boosts Immune System: Vitamin C helps bump up our immune’s health, and lemon juice is full of it. The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to decline when you’re stressed, which is why it’s recommended to pop extra Cs during your stressful days.
- Brightens Skin: The antioxidants help your skin look brighter and more radiant, as well as decrease blemishes and wrinkles. It can also aid in helping reduce the appearance of age spots and scars.
- Helps Maintain Health Weight: Lemons contain fiber, which helps when fighting hunger cravings.
- Reduces Inflammation: Inflammation is caused by high acid levels in the body, and drinking lemon water regularly helps decrease the levels of those acids. Joint inflammation is mainly caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints. By taking lemon water, you will prevent this build up, reducing joint inflammation.
- Excellent Source of Potassium: Lemons are high in potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
- Freshens Breath: Just another way to freshen breath naturally! It also helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis.
- Gives an Energy Boost: Who doesn’t love an extra jolt of energy! Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract, and it helps reduce anxiety and depression.
- Helps Fight Viral Infections: Warm lemon water is the most effective way to diminish viral infections and the sore throats that usually come with them. Plus, the lemon juice is also boosting your immune system, you’ll simultaneously fight off the infection completely.